The name "Bluestem" was chosen to honor the monarch of the prairie grasses - Big Bluestem. Our Midwestern "roots" serve as a foundation from which we expand our desire to excel at the financial development of our partners, our investors and the communities we serve.
And while phone calls and e-mails are effective forms of communication, we prefer shaking hands, meeting face-to-face and getting to know our business partners and their teams.
This map, showing current portfolio company locations, reflects our Midwestern roots:
The Companies We Look For Have:
- Management teams of high integrity, strong work ethic, with a proven, successful track record in the industry of the proposed business and a substantial financial investment in the company.
- Products or services that have been tested and well received in the marketplace and have market barriers to entry.
- A team that supports a “win-win” structure, meaning the entrepreneur can only win if Bluestem’s investors win.
- Industries we understand well.
- A strong group of co-investors who will have the ability to continue supporting the company.
These are the sectors in which Bluestem-managed funds have invested.
We have a successful record of investing capital in various early to late-stage companies. Our officers have over 85 years of collective business and private equity experience.